Date:      Thu, 5 Jul 2001 22:01:10 -0500
From:      Jeff Sapp <jasapp@pelennor.net>
To:        "Andrew C. Hornback" <hornback@wireco.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: rebuilding a compaq smart array

> 	That should have come with your machine.  If not, call your salesperson
> and have them send you what they left out of the box (I've had this happen
> before on machines that I've gotten from a Compaq reseller).

Sorry for my ignorance, but what is "That"? I did recieve all the compaq
software (as far as I know anyway). And I did use the software to setup
up the two hard drives for RAID 1. My problem is the array not rebuilding
itself while I'm running FreeBSD once I plug in a new drive. I have to
use one of the compaq utitlies.

One of my co-workers spent about three hours on the phone with compaq
today trying to get it worked out, but no luck. They really want me to
install Windows NT on it for some reason.

> 	Rebuilding it from FreeBSD?  Not that I know of.  The controller should
> perform an automatic rebuild once a replacement drive is inserted into the
> array.  Might want to check the settings on the controller configuration to
> see if this option has been disabled by accident.

Does it rebuild the replacement drive while the operating system is
running? That's where I'm running into trouble.

Jeff