Date:      Fri, 13 Aug 1999 19:02:46 +0300
From:      Evren Yurtesen <yurtesen@ispro.net.tr>
To:        Brian Clark <sysop@fusionserver.ais-gwd.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CD ISO Images

I do not know any places for download the iso images
but you can download the freebsd installation files from
(this is the latest release)
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/3.2-RELEASE
and then burn them to a CD and you can install from CD if you boot
with boot floppies since the CD is not bootable...

But I have done a bootable CD, thanks to 2.88MB boot floppy image
of FreeBSD. Some cd writer programs let you design your own bootable
CD's (and there are some for download which you can use for this
purpose)
They need an image file of a bootable floppy for putting to CD and
also you need the FreeBSD distribution too.

The directories inside of
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/3.2-RELEASE
should be at the root of the CD. And you will have plenty of
free space to fill with extra programs and packages...

Evren