Date:      Sat, 22 Aug 1998 14:03:54 -0700
From:      Gregory Sutter <gsutter@pobox.com>
To:        yoonokcha@hotmail.com, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Fvwm Manager

On Sat, Aug 22, 1998 at 04:19:43PM -0700, country kitten-680 n a nutshell wrote:
> i tried installing the fvwm-95 package off of the 2.2.5 cdrom using
> pkg_add, but after i rebooted the system and tried to run it, i could
> not find any files relating to fvwm-95 on my system. Next i tried to
> install fvwm-2.xxxx on the system using the -vM flags and pkg_add, and i
> still could not find the files which were supposedly added to the
> system...

You don't need to reboot the system after such trivial changes.  In fact,
you almost never need to reboot the system.  Toss that Windows idea out
the... well, you know.

The executables should be in /usr/X11R6/bin.  Assorted support files may
be in /usr/X11R6/etc or /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fvwm95 or possibly
/usr/local/lib/X11/fvwm95 (depending on how that package was packaged).

You'll want to add /usr/X11R6/bin to your search path, if it's not
already there.

Good luck!

Greg
--
Gregory S. Sutter                 Bureaucrats cut red tape -- lengthwise.
mailto:gsutter@pobox.com