Date:      Wed, 13 Nov 2002 11:03:31 -0500
From:      Jim Durham <durham@jcdurham.com>
To:        FreeBSD-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Simultaneous Record/Playback on FreeBSD

I use Audacity from ports to record and edit sound. I noticed that there
is a warning message that says "Playing back while recording will not
work on most unix systems". Sure enough, at least with my old
SoundBlaster16, it doens't work on 4.7. BTW, I'm using KDE3.03.

Can someone explain what the issue is? This is something that really
limits what you can do in creating new tracks simultaneous to already
layed-down tracks.

-Jim