Date:      Sat, 15 Jul 2000 07:40:26 +0200
From:      Daniel Haischt <sirabyss@gmx.net>
To:        Sam Carleton <scarleton@miltonstreet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Getting Apache and mod_perl compiled and installed

hiya,

i think there is a pretty much easier way to build mod_perl.

build apache with DSO support (without mod_perl).
then download the mod_perl sources untar them and
execute the following command in the mod_perl source
directory ...

perl Makefile.PL \
USE_APXS=1 \
WITH_APXS=/usr/local/sbin/apxs \
EVERYTHING=1

make && make install

this builds mod_perl as DSO which avoids the fact that you have
to recompile apache each time you need a new module.

regards

daniel haischt