Date:      Sun, 31 Mar 2002 18:34:41 -0800 (PST)
From:      Hiten Pandya <hitmaster2k@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   CURRENT man pages need to be fixed for kernel paths (patches for review)

Hi all,

This issue is regarding what I discussed in the PR docs/36377.  Quoting
my PR:

-- :START
	"Some manual pages in -current need to be changed which refer to
	the /kernel file patch.  FreeBSD-CURRENT man pages have to make
	use of /boot/kernel/kernel and not /kernel.  I am attaching a
	patch for a taster.  If this patch is agreed upon, then I can
	submit more patches for the same change, which has to be made to
	say.. a _lot_ of (not) utilities not limited to:

		o iostat(8)
		o pstat(8)
		o getextattr(8)"

-- :END

I am attaching a big patch (of patches), which fixes this issue in more than
10 to 12 man pages or something like that.  All this manual pages refer to
/kernel when it should be /boot/kernel/kernel, and /modules should be
/boot/kernel and /modules.old should be /boot/kernel.old.

NOTE: This issue only applies to the -CURRENT branch of manual pages, but
not to -STABLE manual pages AFAIK.  Also, there is an issue (acutally, an
error! or mine) with the first patch (boot_i386), but the rest are all
fine according to my personal testing.

Let me know if I have missed something.  I am putting this patch on review
so everyone gets the chance to audit this big change, and if the change in
the man page is valid with the actual utility or not. :)

The patch can be found at:

  http://www.pittgoth.com/~hiten/diffs/paths-20020329.diff

Thanks,
Regards,