Date:      Wed, 10 Nov 1999 20:22:31 +0000
From:      Mark Ovens <mark@ukug.uk.freebsd.org>
To:        "Chris D. Faulhaber" <jedgar@fxp.org>
Cc:        "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@ipamzlx.physik.uni-mainz.de>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Error on compiling ...

On Wed, Nov 10, 1999 at 09:30:41AM -0500, Chris D. Faulhaber wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Nov 1999, O. Hartmann wrote:
>
> > Today I got the newest stuff from CVS (10th Nov 1999).
> > When trying to make world I get this error:

> > cc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 11
> > *** Error code 1
> > cc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 11
> > *** Error code 1
> > 2 errors
> > *** Error code 2
> > 1 error
> > *** Error code 2
> > 1 error
> > *** Error code 2
> > 1 error
> >

> http://www.freebsd.org/FAQ/troubleshoot.html#AEN1083

...and http://www.bitwizard.nl/sig11/ it evens starts with:

"My kernel compile crashes with

      gcc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 11

      What is wrong with the compiler? Which version of the compiler
      do I need? Is there something wrong with the kernel?"

> -----
> Chris D. Faulhaber <jedgar@fxp.org>  |  All the true gurus I've met never
> System/Network Administrator,        |  claimed they were one, and always
> Reality Check Information, Inc.      |  pointed to someone better.

STATE-OF-THE-ART: Any computer you can't afford.
OBSOLETE: Any computer you own.