Date:      Thu, 5 Jul 2001 21:16:51 -0600
From:      Irwan Hadi <irwanhadi@phxby.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: raid1 disk mirroring

On Thu, Jul 05, 2001 at 08:17:28PM -0600, Dave wrote:

> I have never setup ide raid1 disk mirroring.
> What i would like to know, is what ide, raid1
> disk crontrollers are supported, brand name(s)?
> pci controller card. Is there any documentation
> or other related subjects i can find, such as what if
> a master drive fails, what steps to take.
>
> Lots of qustions.. :)

I would suggest you to use either Adaptec ATA RAID 1200 A or Adaptec ATA RAID
2400 A. They both are a real hardware RAID card, and not a "half" hardware
RAID card in which "half" hardware RAID card use your CPU to calculate the XOR
calculations, and this could burdened your CPU.

Anyway you can look ATA RAID Cards review at
http://www.anandtech.com/storage/showdoc.html?i=1491