Date:      Fri, 12 Dec 2003 22:39:19 -0600
From:      "Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P." <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        Rishi Chopra <rchopra@cal.berkeley.edu>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: (Yet Another) Home Networking Question

Rishi Chopra wrote:

> Here's my setup:
>
> <snip>
>
> What else do I need in order to get my Win2k box surfing?

You did do a great job documenting the problem.

You have also gotten good advice thus far.

One thing you yet lack, according to the handbook,
and it's a bit of a job.  The GENERIC kernel doesn't
ship with the following options, which you are
supposed to need.

options IPFIREWALL
options IPDIVERT

Add them to /usr/src/sys/i386/conf/GENERIC,
run "make buildkernel" and "make installkernel"
as root, then reboot and try again.  (You do have
/usr/src, right?)

That is, unless there's some way to do this other
than that...I didn't find it...but afterwards I'm natting
happily all over the farm.... ;-)

Kevin Kinsey