Date:      Wed, 21 Feb 2001 15:14:26 -0800 (PST)
From:      Rick Hamell <hamellr@heorot.1nova.com>
To:        Steve <l8tr2000@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HP7200i+ IDE CDRW

>  I've decided to make this a once a week post till I
> get confirmation one way or the other. I know the
> HP7200 cdrw is in the supported device list, i'd like
> to confirm that THIS EXACT MODEL works in FreeBSD.
> Does anyone have this EXACT MODEL HP7200i+ IDE CDRW
> FUNCTIONING in FreeBSD? I know other models work, I
> just had trouble with mine and gave up after working
> on it for a few days. Before I make another run at it
> i'd like to determine if ANYONE running FreeBSD on the
> planet has it functioning.

	Please don't send it once a week... :0

	I've got an 8200i. When I got it, I was told that the driver was
made ON a 7200i and had an offer to hack the drivers if it didn't work on
my 8200i. I then followed the instructions at
www.mostgraveconcern.com/freebsd to burn CD's. I have never had any
problems and in fact have lost less cds under FreeBSD then I have on
Windows. :)

	Rick