Date:      Wed, 6 Mar 2002 14:00:20 -0600 (CST)
From:      hawkeyd@visi.com (D J Hawkey Jr)
To:        duke99@email.ro, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: MC problem: C-o

In article <200203061825.g26IP3F11339_zerg.codec.ro@ns.sol.net>,
	duke99@email.ro writes:

> Hi all,
>
>    I have a problem with Midnight Commander: sometimes when I hit C-o to go back
> to the console and execute something (even simple commands like ls), after the
> command is executed C-o doesnt put me back in MC normal mode; i have to kill it
> an restart it again...
>    Does anyone knows why this happens???

I believe that _full_ alternate console support is supported under Linux
only. That was the case with earlier releases, anyway. This happens in
xterm windows, too, BTW.

After enough times, you'll get used to doing something like
  bash$ ls ; read
or
  $ ls | less
in the panelized console.

Alternatively, you can set "pause after run" from Options>Configuration.

> Thanks

Dave