Date:      Fri, 15 Dec 2000 09:20:25 -0800
From:      "Chris Smith" <chrissmith@mgci.com>
To:        "Dennis Turpitka" <freebsd@omni.dp.ua>
Cc:        "Freebsd Questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Re[2]: 2nd network card installation

If you are using PCI network cards (which it sounds like you are), all you
should have to do is put it in your /etc/rc.conf.

For example, say you have two network cards: rl0 and rl1, and rl0 is on the
outside interface and rl1 is inside (I presume you're setting up a firewall
with natd?)

you would make your /etc/rc.conf look something like this:

    network_interfaces="rl0 rl1 lo0"
    hostname="gateway.mybsdgw.com"       # your hostname here
    gateway_enable="YES"
    firewall_enable="YES"            # If you are using ipfw
    firewall_type="OPEN"             # your firewall type here
    natd_enable="YES"                # If you are using natd
    natd_flags="-f /etc/natd.conf"
    natd_interface="rl0"
    ifconfig_rl0="inet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx  netmask 255.255.255.0"
    defaultrouter="xxx.xxx.xxx.yyy"
    ifconfig_rl1="inet 10.10.10.1  netmask 255.255.255.0"

To setup natd, read "man natd" they have pretty good tutorial there.

Chris Smith
IT Department
American Group Administrators
First National Administrators