Date:      Sun, 16 Apr 2000 23:56:12 -0500
From:      Chris Csanady <cc@137.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD IMAP server setup

Hello,

I'm looking for information about setting up a decent IMAP
server under FreeBSD.  My current plans were to use postfix
as an MTA, and possibly cyrus for IMAP.  We are pretty much
limited to a single box, and will have about 30G of raided
storage for mail.  I'm not positive about what IMAP server
to use though--does anyone have any experience in this area?

I was also hoping for some performance tips on setting up
filesystems, and general tuning of the box.  My concerns are
mostly with the *huge* number of files that will be on the
box though if we went with cyrus.  Would it be best to have
a number of smaller file systems?  What about block sizes?

Also, we are using Kerberos 5 for authentication.  I'm not
sure how this will fit into things--I expect it may require
a bit of coding.  It would be nice not to have any local
accounts on the box though.

Thanks,
Chris

PS, please cc me as well.