Date:      Fri, 1 Nov 2002 16:56:56 -0600
From:      "DaleCo Help Desk" <daleco@daleco.biz>
To:        "Bryan Cassidy" <bryanc2000@insightbb.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Apache,PHP and FreeBSD

If you run FreeBSD and apache, you're not too far from hosting
yourself.  You need a 24/7 connection to the Internet.  A static
IP is nice, but not necessary any longer, although I prefer it.

My philosophy is: why pay someone else to host when I have
the best server OS on the planet on my box(es)?  I have 2 boxes
that host about 6 domains currently, most using php and apache.
I make a few hundred bucks a month running a couple of them
for other folks with their own businesses.

Surely folks on the list can get you up and running with
mod_php and apache.  There are also lots of helpful folks on
the boards at phpbuilder.com, etc., to help with coding, and
the online manual at php.net is at least as cool as freebsd's.....

Just be sure and RT(F)M before you ask too many ????s  :-)

Kevin Kinsey
DaleCo, S.P.