Date:      Mon, 3 Jun 1996 08:42:39 -0600
From:      Nate Williams <nate@sri.MT.net>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        hardware@FreeBSD.org, mobile@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Laptop hardware FOUND

Michael Smith writes:
> Michael Smith stands accused of saying:
> >
> > APM status is unclear : the boot probe reports:
>
> I should clarify this: (wrt. Sharp PC9000)
>
> Close-the-lid snooze, and do-nothing snooze and wakeups work _perfectly_
> OK, it's just running 'apm' (I thought I got it to run once, but it
> certainly doesn't now) that makes it unhappy.
>
> Nate, if there's anything I can help you with on the mobile- front, I'm
> finally in posession of something to test it on 8)

Cool.  Hosokawa already responded to the unknown event code problems,
but the hang is a new one.  It may be the 'WD-interrupt' bug, which I
see quite often.  Basically, our IDE driver is single threaded, so if
you miss an interrupt it'll wait forever for it rather than timing out.

Unfortunately, because of this bug it's *really* hard to debug other
parts of the system since you never know which bug is triggered.

Nate