Date:      Sun, 27 Aug 2000 00:41:35 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Hiroyuki HANAI <hanai@astec.co.jp>
Cc:        hubs@FreeBSD.ORG, www@FreeBSD.ORG, www@jp.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Local translations of www.freebsd.org

> OK, we are finishing the Japanese tranlation of www.FreeBSD.org pages.
> We want answers to some questions.
>
>   1. Will they be provided on www.FreeBSD.org?

www.jp.FreeBSD.org is the correct place for this given that they have
the localized infrastructure and the expertise in presenting that kind
of content.  Where FreeBSD.org itself can help best, I think, is in
providing the developers with a centralized repository to share
changes - this is essentially already the case for the Japanese
handbook and FAQ, and I'm hoping that it will happen someday for the
Czech pages currently at www.cz.freebsd.org.

>   3. Will they be put into the CVS repository on freefall?

This question leaves me wondering as to whether or not a parallel
effort has perhaps just taken place.  Are you connected with the
existing translation project, or is this something entirely different?

					Jordan