Date:      Fri, 21 Oct 2005 21:12:05 +0100
From:      RW <list-freebsd-2004@morbius.sent.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem with groups

=46rom a KDE Root console, I changed a directory's permissions to 770 and a=
dded=20
my account to it's  group with pw. In another console, under my own account=
,=20
I tried to cd into the directory and failed, no gui application could acces=
s=20
the directory either. pw showed I was a member of the group.  I logged in=20
though a virtual terminal, under the same account, and was able to cd to th=
e=20
directory. And once I restarted the KDE session from KDM, the problem went=
=20
away.

Is this normal behaviour? Is there any way around it?

I'm running   5.4-RELEASE-p8 if it make a difference.