Date:      Tue, 19 Mar 2013 17:09:38 -1000
From:      Al Plant <noc@hdk5.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Dumb down a Netgear Smart Switch

Aloha,

Anybody on our list who can tell me how to set a Netgear GS108T 8 Port
Smart Switch (Gigabit) to pass thru to a modem under FreeBSD. I have 2
other (non Smart) ones working with FreeBSD just fine in my rack and
need to  have the new one connect with a DSL modem on a static address.

The instructions they sent me along with the switch that was a
replacement for a non smart one at no charge is the type for using a
DHCP service on Microsoft. (I cant complain about the up grade but its
over kill for my purpose.

Any help would be appreciated.

   + http://hawaiidakine.com + http://freebsdinfo.org +
   + http://aloha50.net   - Supporting - FreeBSD  7.2 - 8.0 - 9* +