Date:      Fri, 1 Nov 2002 15:05:00 -0800
From:      "Steve Holmlund" <sholmlund@coastside.net>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Solution to why my 4.7 CD wouldn't boot my machine

I figured out why a 4.7 CD that I had downloaded as an ISO image and burned
wouldn't boot my machine.

It had to do with the kind of blank CD I was using. I switched from GQ
700MB/80 minute blank CD (dirt cheap at Fry's in Palo Alto) back to a Maxell
650MB/74 minute CD. That did the trick.

Any explanation as to why this is so would be appreciated. It may have
nothing to do with FreeBSD, I realize. The drive in my Server is a Matshita
DVD, I believe. I burned the CDs on a Win2K machine with Adaptec Easy CD
Creator 4.05.

Thanks.

Steve Holmlund