Date:      Mon, 15 Feb 1999 05:40:20 PST
From:      "ric g" <greenday3@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Help! Low Hard Disk Space!

Problem: I only have 100MB Hard Disk
(although in the FAQ it says you only need at least 60MB)

I'm trying to install release 3 of free bsd onto a 386DX with 8MB RAM.

Every thing is fine until I get an error message half way through
installation (from floppies) saying I have run out of space.  I have
tried assigning different combinations of HD space but to no avail:

e.g.

/      20MB
swap   8MB
/usr   72MB

i.e. the whole disk is at free bsd's disposal.

I've also tried reducing the /usr partition and increased the root
partition.

When I install I choose minimum possible installation.

many thanks
Richard