Date:      Tue, 27 Oct 1998 20:24:02 -0800
From:      Soren Kristensen <soren@soekris.dk>
To:        lcremean@tidalwave.net
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Call for help on UDMA on Acer chipsets...

Hi Lee,

I would be happy to help you with a UDMA driver for the Acer Aladdin
chipsets, not only to be nice, but also because I'm working on a
hardware project using the Aladdin IV+, which eventually are going to
run freebsd on UDMA drives :-)

First, If you haven't got the datasheets, you can get them on my server:

http://www.soekris.dk/ds1543v125.pdf  -- M1543
http://www.soekris.dk/ds1543cv08.pdf  -- M1543C

Note that there is both a M1543 and M1543C, but I think that the UDMA
programming is the same, even as the M1543C has a slightly larger IDE
buffer.

Right now I've got a standard motherboard using the Aladdin IV chipset,
and although I'm not a freeBSD programmer, I would be able to do
testing, and might be helpful on the really low level stuff. And I will
probably have prototypes of my own hardware in 6-8 weeks.

Best Regards,

Soren Kristensen

Soekris Engineering
Alameda, CA