Date:      Sun, 10 Mar 2002 17:42:42 -0600
From:      "Seth Henry" <jshamlet@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Linksys USB100TX issues

Hello,
I'm having problems getting a Linksys USB100TX to work properly under
FreeBSD 4.5. The adapter is visible to the system, but doesn't seem to be
getting initialized properly.

Presently, the kernel picks up the adapter assigns a device, aue0. I can
ifconfig aue0 manually, but nothing gets in or out. (I can ping the
interface itself though) When I run ifconfig aue0, it reports "no carrier"
under the status - and indeed, the lights shows no activity (no link or
activity lights). Now, I can turn around and boot Windows and get a
connection - so it's not the adapter, the USB host controller or network.

One other curious item is that usbd takes a long time to start - on the
order of 10-15 seconds. When I unplug the USB ethernet adapter, it loads
almost instantly. Definitely related...

Lastly, the install wasn't done on the host system. The host is a Compaq
IA-1 internet appliance, and the install is running on a Microdrive in the
CF slot. Unfortunately, this means that none of the network settings were
done at install time. I've manually set them, but it's likely I didn't catch
them all.

Any help would be most appreciated, as this machine has no slots - so USB
ethernet is it.

Thanks in advance,
Seth Henry