Date:      Sat, 15 Jul 2000 11:05:29 +0500
From:      Bilal Abdul Rahman <ftpfreak@phreaker.net>
Subject:   17 GIG HDD and FreeBSD 4.0

Hi

I got a 17 GB Hard DISK and I want to install FreeBSD 4.0 in it.....I
have tried to make the FreeBSD slice from SLACKWARE 7.0 floppies but I
think I am missing something in between all this .....SO here goes the
configuration of my machine

Processor= Pentium 166 Mhz
RAM =       128 MB (EDO)
HDD = 17 GIG

I got the HDD on FAT16 and am running windows 98 SE with it...I have
almost all my Hardware supported except my SoundCARD and the SCSI I have
with the machine..which is a TMC -1610M by Future Domain Corporation....

After I  created the FreeBSD slice which has the HEX partition ID = a5
which I made through LINUX fdisk and I started installation of FreeBSD
from boot floppies as in the kern and mfsroot floppies after the initial
kernel configuration steps as in selecting the devices ....when I goto
the partitioning section it says ad0s10 <- (this is the SLICE I
created.......) the slice has no label.....and doesnt lemme see the
SLICE....

One more thing I think this is due to the fact that I have all my HDDs
space after the First 2 GIGs used up with the extended DOS
partion......can this be the ONE

I would be really thankful if ne of the gurus can help me
OUT.......THANKX in advance....

ba bye