Date:      Sun, 11 Aug 2002 19:16:13 +1000
From:      BSD Freak <bsd-freak@mbox.com.au>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   How to revert back to older sendmail functionality

Hi all,

Does anyone know how I can revert to pre 4.6 sendmail/FreeBSD
functionality?  When   sendmail_enable="NO"  in rc.conf meant NO
SENDMAIL! I know I can do sendmail_enable="NONE" but that stops any
mail from being sent out from the localhost, and I'd rather not have
anything listening even on the loopback interface.

More serious than this though is jail/sendmail functionality. With
sendmail_enable="NO" in a jail, sendmail binds to the real aliased
address and is accessible from other hosts (ie it binds to a REAL
address rather than the loopback interface! If I do put in
sendmail_enable="NONE" then I don't get the /etc/periodic reports
emailed to me.

I want back pre-4.6 where there would be no daemon listening to accept
connections but mail could still be sent from the localhost.

Any gurus out there know how I get it back?