Date:      Mon, 04 Oct 1999 18:26:16 +0000
From:      Edwin Culp <eculp@MexComUSA.NET>
To:        Andre Oppermann <oppermann@pipeline.ch>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: panic: malloc type lacks magic

Andre,

I had the same problem with my laptop and what worked for me was to boot
it in single user with my old kernel, fsck all disk partitions, mount
all partitions -w including root with -u -w, make a new kernel, reboot
again in single user and remount everything and make world.  I was then
ok, but I still cvsuped and made a new worldand kernel just for good
measure after everything was working :-)  I did that Friday and have had
good builds Saturday, Sunday and today.

provecho,

ed