Date:      Sat, 5 Jan 2002 03:00:21 -0500
From:      sridharv@ufl.edu
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   alcatel speedtouch pblm

i downloaded the driver for the speedtouch usb modem
and tried configuring it. let me tell u in advance
that the  problem i am encountering is not specific to
fbsd. when i plug the modem in to the usb port i dont
get the initial flickering lights during the init
phase. same thing happens on windows also.
when i try to initialize fbsd comes with a mesg like
"I didn't find your ADSL modem
check ugen and usb entries in /dev"
i checked up and they are there. I thot there might be
some problem with the USB port and booted to windows
and connected a pc cam. it works fine.
any idea about the problem? as i said earlier this is
not specific to fbsd , but i would appreciate any help
sridhar

The fastest way to change is to laugh at your own
folly - Who moved my cheese