Date:      Thu, 4 Apr 2002 15:49:46 +0100 (BST)
From:      Jan Grant <Jan.Grant@bristol.ac.uk>
To:        Jonathan Arnold <jdarnold@buddydog.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: some newbie questions

On Thu, 4 Apr 2002, Jonathan Arnold wrote:

> >> 2.why dosent the the tab (for command completion )
> >> work for normal users.i have the user in the wheel
> >> group.
> >Putting users in the wheel group allows them to su to root - probably not
> >what you're looking for. I think the default user shell in BSD is /bin/sh
>
> It is odd, isn't it, that so many people think that adding the user to
> the wheel group somehow will turn on TAB completion. This is the second
> person in the last couple of days that both had this problem and tried
> to solve it by adding the user to the wheel group. Where did this bit
> of (false) legend start, I wonder?

Googling for "freebsd wheel group tab completion" find this top hit:
	http://andrsn.stanford.edu/FreeBSD/newuser.html

It's a "getting started" guide - you never know, they might just be
following this?

Ever see something and think, "I've gotta leverage me some of that?"
Odds are, you were looking at a synergy and didn't even know it.