Date:      Fri, 13 Aug 1999 19:17:01 +0300
From:      Evren Yurtesen <yurtesen@ispro.net.tr>
To:        Kendall Shaw <queshaw@pacbell.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Leave workstation on or off?

I believe that it would be cheaper to turn them off at night.
I have heard that if you open and close electronic devices too much
you can damage them but I heard it 5 years ago or something.
I believe that now electronic products are more stable and have
protective circuits for protecting them from the electric current
when you are opening and closing. But of course there is a
lifetime for every electronic component and if you are lucky you
may use them for a long time.
For example I had an IBM PS/2 Model 30, which has a 8080 cpu :) for
6-8 years and I was normally opening and closing it twice in a day
and nothing happened
well once the monitor went black and never come back though.