Date:      Fri, 28 Apr 2000 12:48:44 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@3-cities.com>
To:        "Igor B. Bykhalo" <goshik@binep.ac.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: OT: MS services for Unix (was: Re: Network File System access in  FreeBSD 3.3)

"Igor B. Bykhalo" wrote:

> [...]
> >I have been meaning to do that for what seems like months. It is
> >downloading now. [...]
>
> Have an URL? It appeared someone hosed files on our NT server 8o(...
> Is this stuff still free for win9x/NT? Digging through MS site
> is a pain with my link...

Did you install it yet? I just got through clicking my "Network
Places" and I now have a "Microsoft Network" and a "NFS Network".
Expanding the NFS Network", I have browseable style listing of all of
the computers with exported file systems but can only view them if my
Win 2000 Server is listed in my /etc/exports. It follows the unix
rules and won't let me mount, mounted file systems. If I have them
exported, I can mount them directly. For example, I have /usr as a
mount point and it shows up with no structure from "/" but I can look
at /usr since it is exported. This lets me get around my rule of not
reading mail on a computer with a modem attached. That was always a
minor problem when the file was on that computer because telnet
wrapped the text and a select/copy/paste always converted the <tab>'s
to spaces.

I also started a NFS_server on my Win 2000 Server but I haven't tried
to mount that direction.

Kent

> TIA,
> Igor

Kent Stewart
Richland, WA

mailto:kstewart@3-cities.com

SETI(Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence) @ HOME
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/

Hunting Archibald Stewart, b 1802 in Ballymena, Antrim Co., NIR
http://www.3-cities.com/~kstewart/genealogy/archibald_stewart.html