Date:      Wed, 18 Apr 2001 23:15:01 -0000
From:      "Greg Smith" <gregsmith59@hotmail.com>
To:        jlispton@hotmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on Thinkpad A21m?

Joane,

This is very easy if you just change the hardcoded 80 and 25 in vidcontrol.c
to 100 and 37, then re-make it.  The vga+vesa+syscons logic supports the
larger console; they just chose to hardcode the smaller size.  [I did this
without knowing C.]  This would require that you download a lot of source
files onto your laptop, or get someone else to do it for you.

>- Can I run the console at 100 cols x 37 rows @ 800x600 on a 12.1" screen?
>read in the archives that the (old) 800x600 VESA 1.2 mode didn't result in
>100x37 chars on laptops... Has this changed?

OTOH, I have lost a lot of hair getting 128x48 on my 1024 by 768 screen :)
[This did require that I learn C.]  It works but I want to generalize my
coding for all cases.

Greg