Date:      Thu, 05 Jul 2001 22:27:25 -0600
From:      "Thierry Black" <thierryblack@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   printing to logs (logging to printer)

I want to set up to send a copy of some sys logs to a printer for security
and archives. Can I use tee to branch the log output to printer and file? I
want the entrys to print one at a time in realtime.

for that I think a dotmatrix printer is the answer, but I couldn't find any
new dotmatrix printers for under $200. It doesn't have to be fast or print
really sharp. i plan on printing about 2000 lines (40 pages?) per day. Any
one have recommendations?

thank you - thierry