Date:      Sun, 16 May 1999 05:02:08 +0200
From:      Anders Nordby <anders@fix.no>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   What really happens when swap_pager is out of space

By what rules are processes killed when swap_pager is out of space? I
administrate a system that is quite far away from me, and some time ago I
had it out of control as sshd was killed when swap_pager ran out of space.
Sshd was hardly using any memory at all, it was lots of other processes (n
copies of the same program running at the same time) that used up the swap
space. How can I increase the chances of special processes surviving
occurences like this?

--
Anders Nordby ^ anders@fix.no ^ http://anders.fix.no/