Date:      Mon, 19 Jan 2004 18:17:51 +0100
From:      Fredrik Lindberg <freddeNOSPAM@shapeshifter.se>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PCM audio problem on 5.2R(Fix included)

> Hello All
>
> I got two pcm audio problems on FreeBSD 5.2R.(These problems were
> not exist in 5.1R.)
>
>  - Selecting a new song in play list of xmms, it takes about
>     1 seconds.
>  - Output old-buffered cranky sound while terminating xmms if xmms
>     playback was paused.(When xmms playback was stopped it does
>     not happen.)

This patch solves my pcm(4) issues introduced in 5.2R, no more lag with
xmms nor mplayer.
(I know atleast two more people whos pcm-issues in 5.2R was solved by this patch).

As for the noise-thing I've never experienced it, and I couldn't find any
short enough sample to test it. :/
However there is no noise between songs (xmms and mplayer tested).

   Fredrik Lindberg

(Please, if you reply private, remove the nospam-stuff, thanks)