Date:      Tue, 01 Mar 2005 16:30:12 -0800
From:      "Kevin G. Eliuk" <canonalis@dccnet.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        "Kevin G. Eliuk" <canonalis@dccnet.com>
Subject:   Re: Recent problems with Firefox and java *solved*

I have found the source of the problem (IBCAK).  After rebuilding
jdk-1.4.2 again and "cp"ing "libjavaplugin_oji.so to"
"/usr/X11R6/lib/browser_plugins/", firefox still crashed on a page with
a java applet.

I did, as I now know I have to, go back and "ln" to the source
"libjavaplugin_oji.so" in the same directory and firefox no longer crashes.

Can anyone shed information on why the file copy method would not work
over the soft link method?

--
Cheers,

Kevin.