Date:      Mon, 10 Jul 2000 07:20:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ade Lovett <ade@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/19819: devel/ORBit won't compile

The following reply was made to PR ports/19819; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Ade Lovett <ade@FreeBSD.org>
To: Trevor Johnson <trevor@jpj.net>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 09:10:36 -0500

 On Mon, Jul 10, 2000 at 07:12:21AM -0400, Trevor Johnson wrote:

 > [snip]
 >  checking whether ln -s works... yes
 >  updating cache ./config.cache
 >  /usr/share/libtool/ltconfig: Can't open /usr/share/libtool/ltconfig: No such file or directory
 >  configure: error: libtool configure failed

 This is one of those "can't happen" situations.  I've just verified
 the build on my 5.x and 4.x machines, with ports trees up to date
 as of yesterday.

 Is it possible that you have another libtool (not installed from
 ports) floating around in your ${PATH} somewhere?

 -aDe

 --
 Ade Lovett, Austin, TX.			ade@FreeBSD.org
 FreeBSD: The Power to Serve		http://www.FreeBSD.org/