Date:      Tue, 16 Jan 1996 01:12:14 +0100
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@vector.jhs.local>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de (Joerg Wunsch)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD hackers)
Subject:   Re: SCSI Scanner anybody?

Hi, Reference:
> From: J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
>
> My tests that finally caused Nate to commit the `hpscan' port have
> been done with an HP Scanjet 4A hooked on an AHA-2940.

I notice it with great interest, & noted the ports/graphics/hpscan/work/README,
( my 2 FreeBSD systems, have an Adaptec 1542B, & a 1542A).

I'd like to buy a flatbed scanner, did you buy yours in Germany,
or by mail order < US ?
Any tips to those yet to put their toe in the water ?
(Good & bad models, Prices, Resolution etc ?)
I guess I must find a scanner faq, but can't remember the domain name for that
rtfm.whatever site.

Julian			Muenchen, Germany
--
Julian H. Stacey	jhs@freebsd.org  	http://www.freebsd.org/~jhs/