Date:      Wed, 25 Apr 2007 13:22:39 -0400
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Making a local branch of the ports tree

I know I've seen this discussed a dozen times, but google is letting me
down right now.

Basically, I want to create a private branch of the ports tree for
scripts and other stuff that isn't suitable to submit back to the main
ports tree, and use portupgrade and other ports tools to maintain this
across a bunch of systems that mount their ports tree via NFS.

My thought is to make /usr/ports/private (or similar) and teach cvsup
not to blow it away.  Then I just need to make sure that portupgrade
and other tools see it.

Does anyone have a HOWTO or list of steps to get this going?  I know
this has been discussed before but I can't find any reference to it now.

--
Bill Moran
http://www.potentialtech.com