Date:      Fri, 6 Apr 2001 01:10:18 -0500 (EST)
From:      Richard Lucas <rlucas@solidcomputing.com>
To:        Aaron Hill <hillaa@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD limiting bandwith?

Ok so I tried this out. From ifconfig rl0 I got the following media info:

        media: autoselect (none) status: active
        supported media: autoselect 100baseTX <full-duplex> 100baseTX
10baseT/UTP <full-duplex> 10baseT/UTP 100baseTX <hw-loopback>

Since it's on a 10mb hub I tried to change it to 10baseT/UTP which didn't
help anything. I then tried the 10baseT/UTP in full duplex and it helped a
bit. I am now able to get up to about 60kb/sec. So at least it got a bit
better. Any other suggestions?

Another thing that may be related is that before it was going extremely
slow even on the LAN. I was getting dial-up speeds transferring stuff
between internal machines. Now since I changed that it is getting full
speed between one of the BSD machines and the win2k machine. The other BSD
machine is still getting slow transfer speeds internally though which
seems a bit odd to me. Possibly the hub that's causing the problem? It is
a bit old.

-Richard