Date:      Wed, 24 Jan 2001 12:35:02 -0500
From:      Jonathan Chen <jon@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Florent.Parent@viagenie.qc.ca
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IBM ThinkPad A20p (sound)

On Tue, Jan 23, 2001 at 05:35:45PM -0500, Florent.Parent@viagenie.qc.ca wrote:

> I also have an A20p running FreeBSD-4.2 STABLE. Here's my findings:

FYI -

I played with the sound on the T20 a while back (This was about 6 months
ago, and I no longer have the laptop), and had the same problem with sound.
Again, the OSS code works, but has trouble interoperating with X.  I've
also put OpenBSD on the same laptop, which works with sound.  From looking
at the source code at that time, I seemed to me that the initialization
codes were functionally equivilant.  The playback code looked the same too.
I haven't taken a look at the interrupt handler or stuff that get called
when the device is open()'ed though.  Somebody else with a A20/T20 might
want to start poking around there.

-Jon