Date:      Sat, 16 Jan 1999 14:54:43 -0800
From:      Robert Clark <Clark@open.org>
To:        Greg Black <gjb@acm.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Audio CD's won't play through the sound card.

One channel is getting audio + ground.
The other channel is getting ground + ground.

Incorrect patch cable for your drive.

If you are into hardware, a little delicate surgery can usually move the
pins around in the cable's connector. A thin edged tool, a brightly lit
surface, and a few seconds work is all it takes.

In the even it doesn't help, the changes are reversible. Just make a sketch
of the pin layout before you start.

(Just a guess.)

[RC]