Date:      Tue, 27 Aug 1996 12:59:22 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Philippe Regnauld <regnauld@tetard.glou.eu.org>
To:        sos@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org (hackers)
Subject:   Re: Specs on a Hitachi CM2085me monitor anybody ??

sos@FreeBSD.org écrit / writes:

> Hmm, in the version of syscons that I'm currently working on there is
> support for adding a new ioctl via a LKM, that can be used to load
> special code to modify you timing. Also If you can tell me what
> H&V-sync your monitor can handle, I can probably do a small patch
> to the mode setting code that will allow you to use your monitor
> for std modes ie 80x25, 80x50 etc...

	Would you do that ? :-)

	Ok, here they are :

	Model is 98782A  HP (aka Sony GDM 1902,  brain damaged to HP Apollo
	specs):

	98782A: Normal Field: 1024x768x60 Hz @ 64.1088 MHz dot clock / 60 Hz

          Horiz. sweep freq.: 47.7 kHz
          Vertical frame rate: 60 Hz (non-in.)

	/etc/XF86Config

	HorizSync = 47.7
	VertRefresh = 60
	Modeline "1024x768-hp" 64.1088  1024 1088 1216 1344     768 771 777 795

> Just remember that it s a hack, and nothing that I will admit to
> have done :)

    Cc: sos@FreeBSD.org, hackers@FreeBSD.org
                         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
	Uh, don't wan't to offend you, but you're speaking in public, Søren
	:-)

> > 	Wish I could  find  a high  IRQ  serial card for  a  serial console
> > 	*sigh* :-)
>
> Naw, we wouldn't have you to do that ...

	That would   find some other   use to  the  386/16 I'm  using  as a
	footstool now :-)

--
-[ Philippe Regnauld / regnauld@eu.org / +55.4N +11.3E @ Sol3 / +45 31241690 ]-
-[ "To kärve or nøt to kärve, that is the qvestion..."          -- My sister ]-