Date:      Fri, 15 Dec 2000 18:39:54 -0000
From:      "Steven" <steven@trance.org>
To:        "FreeBSD-questions" <FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Couple of basic questions

Hiya

I've got 2 little questions, neither of which are life threatening or major,
but it'd be nice if i could sort them out.

a) How do i stop getting all these:

Dec 15 17:36:29 natd[205]: failed to write packet back (Host is down)
Dec 15 17:41:34 so-16671-x0 last message repeated 2710 times

sent the console (I do know I'm running natd btw :)? I compiled the kernel
with:

options IPFIREWALL
options IPDIVERT
options IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE
options IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE_LIMIT=100
options TCP_DROP_SYNFIN
options TCP_RESTRICT_RST
options ICMP_BANDLIM

Do i need to recompile or can i set something in my natd.conf file?

b) How can i change the message which is displayed when people telnet to my
fbsd machines? When i was using LINUX i had /etc/issue files, but these
don't exist in fbsd (at least not under that location. I asked around, but
no one i know knows. It would be useful to stop kiddies on the campus
network trying to figure out what version of fbsd i'm using (IIRC nmap says
it is 2.x when its actually 4.1).

Thanks!

Steven