Date:      Thu, 7 Mar 2002 01:20:41 +0300 (MSK)
From:      "A.Rakukin" <rakukin@pochtamt.ru>
To:        Mark <mark@netchat.co.za>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: with and without firewall

Hello,

Thanks for your reply!

> The simplest option is to add the ip of the firewall
> (2) to the router if you take the firewall offline.
> Just keep all the clients believing the firewall is
> still up.

That's what talked about. But external router either
sends packets to the external address of the firewall
(a) or to the hosts in the internal network directly
(b), right? To make both behaviours possible I need to
enable (b) and make firewall pick at its external
interface all packets, intended for the network to
which its internal interface belongs. How can I do it?
I guess NAT does not help here.

> I missed the second network range.

That was just an example, not my real address.

Thanks,
Alex