Date:      Sun, 25 Nov 2001 21:03:36 +0100
From:      "Torfinn Ingolfsen" <torfinn.ingolfsen@oslo.online.no>
To:        <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: IPC TopNote G serial ports not working

> If I put the sio0 line in /boot/device.hints, dmesg displays this:
>
> sio0: configured irq 4 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
> sio0 at port 0x3f8-0x3ff irq 4 flags 0x10 on isa0
> sio0: type 8250

Two things to try;
1) does your BIOS have a setting to disable serial ports? If so, make sure that sio0 is
    enabled in bios.
2) Use that "other os" to find out what resurces it thinks your serial port are using. It
    might use something other than irq 4 and port 0x3f7-0x3ff. If so change to correct
    resources in the boot configuration (visual editor).

Hope this helps.--
Torfinn Ingolfsen,
Norway