Date:      Fri, 13 Aug 1999 13:13:49 -0400
From:      "Person, Roderick" <personrp@ccbh.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Missing Dependency..How?

Hi,

Being still a newbie to freebsd and the packaging and src install methods
and impatient, I have been installing packages that I want via
/stand/sysinstall. I assumed this way I would get all dependency that I
needed for an app and have things up and running quicker than with make
install method. Well the quicker part seems to hold true. But it seems as
though a few app are missing a lib. Specifically ABIWORD and FLIGHT GEAR
both complain about missing libstdc++.so.3. I can't seem to find it any
where. I even looked at the ports page and made sure I had all dependencies
listed but still not go. Where do I go for this lib.

Roderick P. Person
Programmer I
CCBH (412)454-2616

 "We're not that good. Everyone else just sucks!"
         - anon. Navy Seal