Date:      Mon, 17 Jan 2000 12:12:05 -0600
From:      "Matthew D. Fuller" <fullermd@futuresouth.com>
To:        "Justin M. Seger" <jseger@scds.com>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org, dan@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Latest pkg_delete core dumps

On Mon, Jan 17, 2000 at 12:04:31PM -0500, a little birdie told me
that Justin M. Seger remarked
> In a current built yesterday, pkg_name core dumps on:
> %pkg_delete m4-1.4/
> Segmentation fault(core dumped)
>
> or any pkg_name with a '/' on the end.  In the past this worked fine.
>
> I'm guessing that this was broken with the following commit:

I believe so.
I'm presently out of town so I don't have access to the patches I made,
but I know why it is.
I added code to deal with trailing /'s because they often appear with
path-name completion (which is the whole point of the commit).  But it'll
freak out if there's only a trailing / with none in a full path before
it.  The first rindex() call will catch that and use the null afterward
as the package name, or something like that.  Should be fairly easy to
fix up nicely, just add another check in there.

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)     |    fullermd@over-yonder.net
Unix Systems Administrator      |    fullermd@futuresouth.com