Date:      Tue, 26 Mar 2002 10:47:36 +0100
From:      Francesco Casadei <fcasadei@inwind.it>
To:        Jeff Jeter <gsfgf@hotmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: UPS

--ew6BAiZeqk4r7MaW

On Mon, Mar 25, 2002 at 09:04:03PM -0500, Jeff Jeter wrote:
> THis may not be a specificic BSD question, but it is technology related a=
nd
> does pertain somewhat to BSD.
>=20
> What is a good UPS system w/ automatic shutdowm that supports BSD (and
> windoze) and can do auto-shutdown on 3 coms (both BSD and windoze).
>=20
> Thanks, Jeff Jeter
>=20
>=20
> end of the original message

APC BackUPS Pro and nut work well for me.

# upsc localhost
host: localhost
MODEL: Back-UPS Pro 650
SERIAL: NB0130252271
STATUS: OL
UTILITY: 226.0
BATTPCT: 100.0
ACFREQ: 50.00
LOADPCT: 032.5
BATTVOLT: 13.77
OUTVOLT: 226.0
UPSIDENT: UPS_IDEN
LOWXFER: 208
HIGHXFER: 253
WAKEDELAY: 000
LINESENS: H
GRACEDELAY: 020
RTHRESH: 00
ALRMDEL: 0
BATTDATE: 07/26/01
MFR: APC

nut can handle ONBATTERY, LOWBATTERY, SHUTDOWN and ONLINE events (among oth=
ers).
It also has nice CGI scripts to monitor the UPS status via a web page.

	Francesco Casadei
--=20
You can download my public key from http://digilander.iol.it/fcasadei/
or retrieve it from a keyserver (pgpkeys.mit.edu, wwwkeys.pgp.net, ...)

Key fingerprint is: 1671 9A23 ACB4 520A E7EE  00B0 7EC3 375F 164E B17B

--ew6BAiZeqk4r7MaW

--ew6BAiZeqk4r7MaW--