Date:      Mon, 29 May 2000 15:23:18 +0300
From:      Panagiotis Astithas <past@netmode.ntua.gr>
To:        Greg Lewis <glewis@trc.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        John Daniels <jmd526@hotmail.com>, freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Java IDEs

On Sat, May 27, 2000 at 09:11:01AM +0930, Greg Lewis wrote:
> No real comments on which IDEs are best (I've only had some indirect
> experience with VisualCafe, and it wasn't a good experience ;).  However,
> I've seen reports on the list recently of both Forte and JBuilder running
> with patchset 8.  The only caveat was that you needed to install jpda.jar
> from the Blackdown JDK to get JBuilder running.  YMMV.

I have JBuilder Enterprise Edition running, with that small tweak. I don't
use it much though, since I have only 64 Megs of RAM on my main system and
JBuilder needs that much just for breakfast...
About a native FreeBSD port though, I think that only the fact that a
major software firm like Inprise, should support java on FreeBSD, would make
Sun change its priorities on the subject. It may well have more impact to
Sun, than our numerous requests for a port.

-past