Date:      Tue, 2 Jan 1996 16:37:35 -0500
From:      Stephen Couchman <scouch@io.org>
To:        Donald Burr <d_burr@ix.netcom.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Eureka, it finally works!  ;-)))

First thanks to all (there were many - Johnathan, Donald, Gary, Barry, and
others) who helped me on this.

The problem was a faulty serial cable.  It seems that the cable worked in
DOS, with tip and cu, but not iij-ppp.  I tried the new cable with my 1200
baud, and it works.  I  now have the 28.8 Kb modem.

At least I learned a lot about ppp and serial comms in general, and met a
bunch of interesting folks.

Thanks again -- Stephen

Stephen Couchman    | scouch@io.org