Date:      Thu, 8 Mar 2001 08:08:45 -0800
From:      "oldfart@gtonet" <oldfart@gtonet.net>
To:        <security@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: strange messages

Fair enough, I've blocked ports 111, 1011 + 1022, which seem to be
portmapper(sunrpc) and rpc.stat according to /etc/services and sockstat
respectively, at my firewall. If this *is* indeed an attempted exploit I
*should* be dropping the packets and logging where it came from if it's not
spoofed. If I *do* end up with more of those errors then that should prove
it's *not* an exploit attempt, right?

Only time will tell,

OF